This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing human resources team that supports our managers to attract, retain and develop our high performing and diverse workforce. Reporting to the People and Culture Manager, this administrative coordinator role is an opportunity to learn the human resources function from the ground up and have the opportunity for a long term career with our growing firm. The successful candidate will both enjoy building relationships as well as bringing their organizational strengths to support others.
As a People and Culture Assistant/Coordinator, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Culture ambassador – embrace our high performing and compassionate culture that values people.
- Internal communications – draft and proof companywide communications involving people and culture.
- Talent acquisition- in collaboration with managers assist with job summaries and postings, schedule interviews, candidate communications, reference checks and track pipeline progress.
- Onboarding – assist with activities and tracking to ensure a welcoming new hire experience.
- Tools and resources –create and maintain forms and templates
- Digitize employee files- scan and organize documents using naming conventions
- Human Capital Management System – assist the team to analyze and enhance information management with an eye toward efficiency, compliance and security. Assist staff and management with inquiries and issues. Learn the system and grow into the next level in your career in HCM systems.
- Efficiencies – continually look for process improvements and make recommendations
- Other duties as required
As a People and Culture Coordinator, your skills and qualifications will include:
- A minimum of 5 years working in a faced paced, professional services firm in a client service oriented capacity, preferably with HR, recruitment or administration background
- Completion of a degree, designation or combination of education and experience
- Working towards or desire to pursue a CPHR designation
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills to build trust with our people.
- Verbal communication must be articulate, clear, concise, listen well and respond appropriately
- Exceptional written communication
- A high proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook with an ability to quickly learn new systems
- The ability to work as part of the wider team, as well as individually.
- The confidence to work in a dynamic environment and readily adapt to change.
- Evidence of the interest and ability to engage in ongoing learning and development to continuously improve skills and knowledge.
Application closing date is February 28, 2018
Include your cover letter and resume in your application with “People and Culture Assistant Coordinator” in the subject line of your email to [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about this and other roles: www.nicolawealth.com